Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door schedule - 3D Front View (elevation) WITH dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

Using AC11 to generate automatic door schedules, my boss asked me if it were possible to have the dimensions of doors, including size and position of vision panels (if any), included in the "3D Front View" automatically.

With the "standard" AC11 door listing, I understand that this is not achievable unfortunately. However, I have been pressured to find a way to include this feature. Of course we can draw up 2D elevations and lay them out alongside the generated door schedule to illustrate this, but we would prefer automate this, to minimize errors.

It seems that more often that not do door schedules have dimensions on the door elevations. This is extremely useful for providing details of the vision panels (size, and position in relation to the door), which would otherwise be extremely messy to describe in words. I have been given an example door schedule (probably CAD-ed up in AutoCAD) to emulate in ArchiCAD and make automatic.

Does anyone here use something (possible a 3rd party application/plugin) to do this? Thanks.

door schedule eg.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Brett Brown
Advocate
Have a look a Cadimage Door and Window builder. Manual explains everything you want. http://www.cadimagetools.com/resources/manuals.aspx
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett wrote:
Have a look a Cadimage Door and Window builder. Manual explains everything you want. http://www.cadimagetools.com/resources/manuals.aspx
Hi Brett

Thanks for the tip. I just checked it and yeah it seems like the CadImage DW Builder does give a terrific schedule with better graphics.

Now to back-track and see if the AC11 version gives the same thing...we haven't upgraded to AC12 yet.