BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Publisher - PDFs or DWGs randomly created to faulty path

pejotu
Participant
On random occasions, our Teamwork projects' Publisher sets won't publish to the specified folder path (for example c:\projects\project name\pdf\[publisher set name]\[sheet sub-folder]\[sheet name].pdf), but instead to a path with just three underscore characters, such as:
c:\projects\project name\pdf\___\[sheet sub-folder]\[sheet name].pdf

Sometimes, when printing multipage-pdfs, this file may even become:
c:\projects\project name\pdf\___
(ie. a file without the correct name and file extension - this can of course be renamed correctly)

Any tips?!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This has happened to me today too.
I restarted my mac and it continued to happen.
I changed the path of the destination folder in the publisher properties and the filename returned to normal.
I then changed the path back to what I wanted and it continued to work.

Not ideal, but a possible workaround, and easier than renaming lots of files manually.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In general, ArchiCAD replaces invalid characters (eg. #&@) with a '_' character, if they are in the filename. It might also happen, if there are special characters in the path of the destination folder.
Moreover, the Include Project Reviewer Environment option in the Publisher Set Settings only allows characters that are compatible for Web display.
It means that only western characters, numbers and '_' are allowed in either the file-/Publisher Set name or in the destination path folder.
However, when this option has once been selected and deselected again, it will not be refreshed. The path or file name has to be changed and renamed manually.

I hope I could be of help.
Learn and get certified!