Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Surfaces won't delete.

Viktorhgo
Contributor

Hi All, 

I'm working on a new template for my office, and I'm working on deleting and updating the surfaces on the template. However, I noticed the file has a lot of surfaces we don't use. And After deleting the surfaces when I open the file again, the file has all the surfaces I just deleted.

Any tips you could help me with? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Certain library objects can create surface attributes.

No matter how many times you delete them they will re-appear when you re-load the library.

Usually you can tell these attributes come from library parts as they will appear with italic text or maybe an underline in the attribute manager.

Tracking down the library part is another matter.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

did you remove the unwanted surfaces using the Attributes Manager, Surfaces Menu, Library Manager, or by deleting a .lfc file ? 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Lingwisyer
Guru

Might said surfaces be part of some loaded object?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Solution
Barry Kelly

Certain library objects can create surface attributes.

No matter how many times you delete them they will re-appear when you re-load the library.

Usually you can tell these attributes come from library parts as they will appear with italic text or maybe an underline in the attribute manager.

Tracking down the library part is another matter.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I Deleted and clean the library manager and the problem was solved.

Thanks.

Do you know how I can track these objects and make them not create new surfaces?

It could be in the Embedded Library or any other library you have loaded, you might find a 'Master_GDL.....' object.

It may be called something obvious like 'Master_GDL_materials' or it may be something more obscure - but it will still have "Master_GDL' in the name.

If you open the GDL object you will see it defining the materials/surfaces.

Remove it from your library and it will no longer create those materials.

However your existing jobs will still have them because they would have already been created - you will have to delete them.

It is possible for any object to define a material, fill, line-type, but as far as I know, these will only be available for that object and not in the entire job as an attribute.

So these should not be a problem.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27