BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Balustrade with Archistair 2

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I want to make a Balustrade with a polyline to go along stairs and slabs, but i want it to be simple, with no posts, newels etc, just a wall with a tubular handrail on top.

See attached image.

Is it possible???

Screen shot 2010-03-04 at 09.56.05.png
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
11 REPLIES 11
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
i would appreciate an answer to the reason why i'm not able to recreate what you did...
As you can see in the attached image, i tried to make a stair exactly like yours, but:
1) The parapet wall isn't well connected to the stair, and there are triangular dents
2) The parapet wall at the beginning of the stair is vertical to the stair slab, instead of the ground
3) The parapet wall extends for about 1 metre to the end...

Also another thing, when i open the custom balustrade, the default dimensions are 0.10x0.05, and the balustrade appears slightly deformed, but when i change the dimensions to the actual 0.10x1.00 the balustrade appears completely stretched.

Another question: when creating the slabs for the custom balustrade what is optimal slab thickness to use?
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
I'm replying to myself just to inform if someone is interested...

1) To solve this problem the custom handrail must be longer than the actual height to incorporate the stairs slab thickness

2) To solve this on creating the balustrade, you must select the second option for the end of the handrail (the one with the horizontal part) and set the length to 0

3) This problem has been addressed by Cigraph with the updated library.
Learn and get certified!