Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Change MAnager NEW NEW!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
oooo ooooo.... have I been the first to spot this!!!!

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/construction/products_and_services/change_manager/

Looks interesting pity it wasnt intergrated intoAC10 instaed of flogging it seperatly for £$600 or so....

Still nice to see GS arent sitting on their hands
17 REPLIES 17
Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
To the „why not a Mac version?” issue:
Change Manager (from its conception) has been targeted to construction companies (it is another question that it may be useful for others, as well…). And we have to face it: this is (not just overwhelmingly but I would say exclusively) a Windows-world...

But for the architectural market we are and will remain multi-platform!

Bence Kovács
Vice President
ArchiCAD Product Management
__archiben
Booster
Adalbert wrote:
GS is betting all on Constructor.
true . . .
Adalbert wrote:
Archicad is not growing, Constructor is.
. . . but the thing is, adalbert, constructor is archiCAD (mainly), just used differently. (no really, take a thorough look: you will be shocked to the core)
Bence wrote:
When we started our construction modeling service ca. a year ago...
(the emphasis is mine)

. . . so tell me: if archiCAD is the main component of the 'constructor' platform; and if the archiCAD in the constructor platform is used in a way that advocates the approximation of design so long as the take-off is correct; and if the main user-group of this constructor are graphisoft themselves . . . where does that leave the future development of archiCAD functionality for the "architectural market"?
Adalbert wrote:
... it could wreck the development of the design-oriented effort.
exactly. so long and thanks for coming . . . we hope you enjoyed the last twenty years.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Rakela Raul
Participant
what bence said about change manager it is 100% true.

i have this problem every day with our construction department and it is durn difficult to keep up with it...but if anybody would need it the most in our organization is our contractor to coodinate changes orders with their subs.

i dont see our GC's using archicad and this addon unless we do it for them.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
TomWaltz
Participant
Bence wrote:
To the „why not a Mac version?” issue:
Change Manager (from its conception) has been targeted to construction companies (it is another question that it may be useful for others, as well…). And we have to face it: this is (not just overwhelmingly but I would say exclusively) a Windows-world...

But for the architectural market we are and will remain multi-platform!

Bence Kovács
Vice President
ArchiCAD Product Management
To paraphrase:
And we have to face it: this is (not just overwhelmingly but I would say exclusively) an AutoCAD-world...

Why is it that companies like Maxon and Nemetshek can deliver all products for both platforms but Graphisoft cannot?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Why is it that companies like Maxon and Nemetshek can deliver all products for both platforms but Graphisoft cannot?
Is not THE Finances or could it be other reasons?

Just to know:
"AXON, January 30, 2006 - Just days after the first new iMacs with Intel Core Duo processors have begun shipping,"

Joseph
Rakela Raul
Participant
not that it matters but i downloaded the addon, i installed it and it is bigger and more involving than i though, all this to try it 5 times ??
i dont think so, thx anyway
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Djordje
Ace
Bence wrote:
Change Manager (from its conception) has been targeted to construction companies (it is another question that it may be useful for others, as well…).
If I didn't have to compare various HVAC and other services DWGs for at least a couple of hours daily, I would agree ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm....if it has been targeted at the construction industry...will it be able to read microstation.....