Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Extract X & Y dimensions per Zone (room)

Michael
Contributor
070707 AC friends:

Has anyone been able , usin the calculation commands, to extract X & Y dimensions per Zone (room) so as to place directly on the plan, or in the scheme setting lists.

Able to extract area, but unable to find x or y and to place in list.....

Michael
Michael |:-)
AC 4.5 - 19 Build 3003 Full USA
Mac OSX 10.10
5 REPLIES 5
Tom Waltz's SuperZone object can do this on plan -- the X and Y are manually placed with dynamic hotspots -- I assume that these parameters may be called with scheme settings.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura wrote:
Tom Waltz's SuperZone object can do this on plan -- the X and Y are manually placed with dynamic hotspots -- I assume that these parameters may be called with scheme settings.
That's not entirely complete. Once the Zone is placed, you can get it to read the room size by stretching hotspots to the extents of the room. It's not automatic, but you could schedule it if you wanted to.

The problem is that Archicad does not seem to know the X and Y extents of the zone and cannot report the size of the room that way. It seems odd, since it knows perimeter and area, you would think coordinates would be pretty easy.
Tom Waltz
TomWaltz wrote:
Once the Zone is placed, you can get it to read the room size by stretching hotspots to the extents of the room. It's not automatic, but you could schedule it if you wanted to.
That's what I meant -- is that not what I said?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
TomWaltz
Participant
Laura wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
Once the Zone is placed, you can get it to read the room size by stretching hotspots to the extents of the room. It's not automatic, but you could schedule it if you wanted to.
That's what I meant -- is that not what I said?
sorry, that is what you said, I just seriously misread it... (that's what I get for surfing the internet when I get home from racing!)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
The problem is that Archicad does not seem to know the X and Y extents of the zone and cannot report the size of the room that way. It seems odd, since it knows perimeter and area, you would think coordinates would be pretty easy.
I've always figured it's because zones are not necessarily rectangular (or even rectilinear) so X & Y dimensions may not be meaningful - except in 99.99% of the cases

Even more annoying is that there seems to be no way to get the coordinates of the zone so that we could calculate our own extents function. I did the same as you with the stretchy nodes for manual input.