Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Font problem when publishing into DWG;

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I publish layout to PDF everything looks fine, but when I publish layout into DWG, font changes completly.

Font that Im using is Bahnshrift.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
My issue with fonts are quite similiar to yous.
We draw in ARCHICAD23 using font, which is an extra one for operating systems. We need to export drawings in DWG for engineers working in AutoCAD, but we don't want to push them to install our font.
I would like to convert it to for example Arial Narrow.
Without having AutoCAD and creating layout file it is impossible, isn't it?
DGSketcher
Legend
I haven't tried this but I would think that if you can set up a DWG template and create "My_arial_font" style using "arial.ttf" in AutoCAD and in your translator map "My_odd_font.ttf"** to "My_arial_font" it should work.

Let us know how you get on as this seems to be a problematic area for a few people.

** Check the font extension in your fonts folder as they aren't all TTF format.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you help me with the 'type STYLE command'? Where is that in a new archicad file?
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
blizzardbella wrote:
Can you help me with the 'type STYLE command'? Where is that in a new archicad file?
In Autocad (can use Bricscad as well). Not in Archicad.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Autocad has a template file that sets parameters for text. On our machines in the office, the default file is called"acad.dwt" I assume this file can de set to use a default font - in our case it's Arial or a version thereof.

In your translator, you need to point the translator to this file, then go to the font section and create a rue to map the font you use to the default style from the acad.dwt.

Without this step, the translator will convert your text to the age old auto cad stick letter font. Consultants will grumble about your dwgs, but not let you know that that's what they see.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6