cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to shedule rail elements ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I occur quite a surprising thing. We used to model rails from basic elements and with consistent ID we could calculate number, width and sizes of each rail element. We have tested new railing tool but as it turned out the list of parameters is very brief. Does anyone have an idea how to calculate them?
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Try to use the parameters in the "General" group (like "Length", etc.) and see if they return the values you are after.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, it is returning values. At least length. Other params like width, height, etc are a bit more tricky.

To be able to sort all elements I need to do it by surface material. No rail subtypes listing is possible. At least It didn't occur in my test. 😕
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have run some tests.

What I have noticed is:

- Vertical elements have good length.
- Horizontal - on schedule, there is 220 added two times... don't know why. I have tried liting by profile name and surface material.
Barry Kelly
kzaremba wrote:
- Horizontal - on schedule, there is 220 added two times... don't know why.
I would be guessing it it the end extensions of the rail.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought so too but it seems a bit out of scale. If rail elements have between 300 and 800 cm. The extension doesn't seem to be so large.

I have checked. You are right this is the length of extensions.. almost. If it's 0 they don't appear on the schedule. Otherwise, 200 is added to the length of extention (by default 20) so in my case, it was 220. Still is there any way to get rid of this 200?
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Actually, you can absolutely list the measurements of sub-elemnts. If you make an Element Schedule, of course you'll only have options to list values about the railing as a whole, but in component schedules you can filter for sub-element types.

I tried listing several types of railing sub-elements this way, and it didn't list the rail-end as a separate element, with that size. Maybe give this a try?

Regards,

Edit: I also checked the problem that 2 m is getting added to the Rail-end's length. I think it was a bug, and it seems like this has already been fixed in AC22 B4.
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Thx for the suggestion. We have tried it before as well. But you end up with listing all elements in the selection part of the schedule. It would be better to have category subelements .

Problem is that we use END for an extension after last post So to have the proper amount of steel elements we have to add them later in excel... 😕 Since we schedule 4 types of railings (schedule per type) for 6 buildings (different quantity of elements ). It's a bit additional work...

I briefly went through macro of rails and endings and I could find any reason why this 200 is added. I appreciate any help with this macro modification.
alemanda
Advocate
I found this topic after creating a new one. Sorry.

How to get the area of the panels of a railing?
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it
Barry Kelly
alemanda wrote:
I found this topic after creating a new one. Sorry.

How to get the area of the panels of a railing?
See the answer in the other post.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=61744

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11