BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Integrated Project Delivery - What Does That Mean to You?

There's been a lot of Industry News lately talking about the Manufacturing Sector and their adoption of technologies around the concept of Project Data Management. Most of the respected "CAD" pundits talk of nothing else these days, but I wonder if the amount of column inches devoted to teh manufacturing sector is happening at the expense of a discussion about data management in the design and construction of buildings.

The A/E/C Economy touts BIM as its methodology of choice and this has recently evolved into a concept called Integrated Project Delivery.

IPD should have benefits for all the constituents of the Construction Economy - clients, designers, builders. The integration part of this is they key piece. The one that might actually see the sharing of data by all parties and in all phases of work.

Are PDM and IDP the same thing? Does one truly inform the other. Where do the parallels start and end?

I'd like to ask BDC as a Builder to start this thread by sharing what he has learned about IPD and to discuss what he/she she thinks needs to happen to bring this about.

Of course, I'd invite everyone else to weigh in on this topic as well.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
22 REPLIES 22
And as the late, great Cool Hand Luke said, What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Pity.

Next....
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great site! It has answers to all my problems!
Learn and get certified!