Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Room Finish Schedule

kevin b
Contributor
Currently, we have custom fields in our zone stamp for wall finishes (NSEW), so that the finishes can show up on our schedule. These finishes though are manually entered into the zones. Is there a way to extract this info from the model? There should be but I can't seem to figure it out. The zones themselves can do it because I can select "Inheret Boundary Wall and Trimming Element Materials" and they show up correctly in 3D. So how can I extract that info to a room finish schedule? Seems like it should be easy. Seems like it is the proper workflow, so that you modify the model (wall materials) and the info (that's the I in BIM right) shows up in a schedule.

What am I missing such that we need to find work arounds or GDL gurus to do this sort of stuff. Would be really nice if it was truely interactive, so that if I change the material in the schedule it would changethe model but I know that's just crazy talk.

Any help would be appreciated.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
17 REPLIES 17
kevin b
Contributor
Steve, I appreciate all the input. I need a schedule like the screen shot I posted. The work arounds of tring to use wall IDs, etc would be more work than just manually entering the info into the zone stamp, and how do you ID one side differently from the other, a North Wall in on room is the south wall on the other side.

Every firm I've worked at and most drawings I've seen from other firms, at least those doing commerical work in the northeast have a finish schedule more or less like this. Rooms listed by name and number, 4 walls differentiated by direction, floor, ceiling. Some have more info some less but that's the basics. It shouldn't be so hard to get something useful for something that is so common, especially given that the parameter is somewhere, the zone can extract that info by clicking the inheret button, so why can't I find that parameter somewhere to put on a schedule.

Thanks again for trying.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Erika Epstein
Booster
Using room Identifier_NCS 14 I created a schedule using fields some that are read directly from the zone, others from filled in parameters.

They can be changed in the schedule or in the zone settings individually or in groups.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Erika Epstein
Booster
here's the pic
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

kevin b
Contributor
Erika>the attached file is no longer available, but it looks like what I have and from the sounds of it you are filling in some of the parameters (wall finishes/N, etc), in the zone, same as we are. It's good, just seems like it should be better.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Erika Epstein
Booster
Kevin,
I agree, it is not an ideal solution.
If you have a physical baseboard, you can call its material, but even that is not a complete solution as you are still stuck with the orientation problem.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

the orientaion problem goes away when you use a wall ID.
Too many times N,E, S, W is not enought anyway. Rooms may have several walls in each direction, or walls that are rounded, on angles, etc...

If you want to have the wall material inherited by the zone from the walls displayed, try the listCodeWallMat parameter. You can verify it in 3d window. The sides of the zone will have the schedule assigned material.

This will display the inherited wall material in the scheddule and give you a tab to click in the schedule that will open up the materials/fills window.

You will need to click on the wall finish first to see the tab/arrow.
You can select what ever material you want and it will change the material inherited from the walls.

By null at 2010-07-29

By null at 2010-07-29

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

This is still not what is needed in a room finish schedule, but forget about trying to extract that from a zone with out some additional gdl scripting.

If you don't want to do that, quit trying to extract that data from a zone.

Do you really want a roof finish schedule?

Put some useful schedules next to your interior elevations and you wont need a room finish schedule.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

DaveOlufs
Participant
KevinB...

In other words, do it manually. There seems to be no flexibility or really capabilities with scheduling unless you have years of education and programming experience. To get it done 'right' you must do it manually or fake it until you make it.

I don't have time to figure out AC schedules to be frustrated the output and information is inadequate or minimal.

From a scheduled response...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...