Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

convert to DWG from publisher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Using archicad 10
Is there a way to convert to DWG through publisher and get drawings in model space rather than paper space

We are now only able to convert individual drawings to model space by converting directly through archicad …..so we cannot convert a total drawing layout to DWG model space.

Thanks for your help,
Ron
8 REPLIES 8
TomWaltz
Participant
Yes, you can create either Model Space or Paper Space drawing from Archicad, depending on what translator settings you pick.

Your question is not very clear, though. What are the steps you are trying now that are not working the way you had hoped?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
We want to make a DWG from from the organizer-publisher window
so the final DWG will show our title block as well as the drawing in DWG format, Is that possible?

Ron
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I thikn when you are in the Publisher Palette and select DWG/DXF as the output format, you will have the Options button, which will take you to the Translator Setup Dialog. You need to set your Translator correctly to achieve this.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I have been publishing dwgs from the "Paper Space" / Layout view succesfully until noticing today that it is Publishing with everything on the ArchiCAD layer.

This is even although I have set the settings to use Create Layers according to Archicad Layers and as far as I know I haven't changed any settings is this because of a problem with the recent update to AC?
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Djordje
Ace
Did you try with a DWG template?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Did you try with a DWG template?
Just tried that and what I get instead is a few of the layers coming from the template but they don't actually have any data on them. Everything else is still on the ArchiCAD layer.

What I have found is if I save from "Model Space" then I do get the layers coming through correctly.

This is a nuiscance as all our drawings are setup to Publish from the "Layout Book" plus we will lose the title box info such as revisions etc. The folks we are issuing the drawings to would like to have layers to work with!
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
This may not help you, but I make Views consisting of special layer combos and special Model View Options of just the things the consultants need. These Views are all in one folder just for consultant backgrounds. In the Organizer, I add the shortcut of this View folder to my publisher. The result is great bakcgrounds with no complaints from consultatants. I can see your problem though, if you have clouds and deltas on the layout and not in the plan window. Let us know what you discover.
Anonymous
Not applicable
melisa: "This may not help you, but I make Views consisting of special layer combos and special Model View Options of just the things the consultants need. These Views are all in one folder just for consultant backgrounds. In the Organizer, I add the shortcut of this View folder to my publisher. The result is great bakcgrounds with no complaints from consultatants. I can see your problem though, if you have clouds and deltas on the layout and not in the plan window. Let us know what you discover."

i am having problems with my translator.... i have set up my own translator with layer conversions and pen table conversions that are working fairly well... and i have set up layer combinations and my model view options to view only what each consultant needs.... thus when i publish a dwg to open in autocad.... the layer combo is set to view correctly in the paper space... but in the model view all the layers of all the combinations in the entire model are there and turned on.... this is confusing to the consultants and a headache for me to clean up....

short of it: is there a way to translate a drawing into a dwg containing ONLY the layers set to show in the layer combination set?

and: is it possible to create a dwg with only 2d lines... aka all the complex objects are turned into flat line work (what happens to me is: when you use the explode complex archicad elements in the translator i get all the line work of a 3-d object stacked on top of each other)

and: can you translate so no fills come in the drawing (from a zone or custom wall fills <--- i don't want any of them.... just the lines of the main object ie: 2 lines make a wall (no fill))