Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

importing from Autocad into Archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I have an issue : I have imported several plans that I drew in Archicad into Autocad, each plan becoming a separate .dwg file. When I try to unite all these plans into one Autocad file, I lose several lines, from walls, windows are moved inside the plan, dimensions are a mess (see picture).
I tried to explode the plan in Autocad, but it won't work.
Does anybody have a clue?
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Go to Window > Palettes > Organizer.

Select Publisher Sets in the top right of Organizer.

Create a Publishing set for your DWG and set it to save files.

Create a folder in this Publishing set. Drag and drop all the views / layouts you wish to have in the DWG in this folder. When you select the folder in Organizer, select the format "dwg", this should show you the option "merge to one DWG file" towards the bottom right of the organizer.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer.
I followed the steps and it worked. Now another question lies in Autocad: all drawings are imported as external references and are, as I could understand, editable only one by one.
Is there a way in which the export from Archicad influences this or is this a question of Autocad only?
Thank you.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You should look into translator settings. There are a lot of options of how the DWG is saved. The translators button is toward the bottom as well in the organizer palette.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Eduardo Rolon
try these settings to see how they work
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you everybody for all the help.
The problem got solved after I changed, in the saving options, the "Place Drawings into" feature from Linked Xrefs drawings to Single DXF/DWG file.
Thank you again.