Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

tip: exporting to illustrator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been trying to convert some signage drawings done in archicad into an adobe illustrator file for the graphics company to use in fabrication.

If one uses eps format to transfer between programs, all the arcs and circles become little segments of straight lines. This drives the signage companies NUTS and they won't use the file.

Instead, save the original archicad file as a dwg, and use Adobe Illustrator to open the dwg and fix your font arrangement. Arcs remain arcs and can be properly scaled. Save the file and email it out.

hope that helps someone out there!
wes
5 REPLIES 5
LiHigh
Newcomer
IMHO, using PDF is much better than DWG as far as Adobe is concerned.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a graphic designer needing floor plan files from an architech working in Archicad on a Mac. I will use them for creating art for brochures, etc. The only files he knows how to send me that I can open are Jpeg and Tiff which are at a resolution of 72. Way too small and bitmapped. PDF or EPS is preferred. Can I open his DWG or PLN files in Illustrator? I have no experience in Archicad and will relay replies to him. Thanks for any help! Saskia
LiHigh
Newcomer
Saskia wrote:
I am a graphic designer needing floor plan files from an architech working in Archicad on a Mac. I will use them for creating art for brochures, etc. The only files he knows how to send me that I can open are Jpeg and Tiff which are at a resolution of 72. Way too small and bitmapped. PDF or EPS is preferred. Can I open his DWG or PLN files in Illustrator? I have no experience in Archicad and will relay replies to him. Thanks for any help! Saskia
I have done a sale brochure for a residential development in Illustrator CS using plans drawn in Archicad (Window). Exported DWG didn't turn out as good as PDF. Some FILLs were not properly converted in DWG format.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks LiHigh. PDF would be perfect, but how do I tell the architech how to do it? He doesn't know he can or how to. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Saskia
Anonymous
Not applicable
take archicad file and "save as" .dwg file. Illustrator will open this file no problem.

donald mac donald