BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Accurate wall placement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - I am new to archicad and working through a tutorial book but am unable to determine how walls are placed to a specific dimensional constraint.
If I need a room to be twelve feet wide to the interior face of stud and I activate the wall command, there does not appear to be a way to locate the wall to a specific dimension from a specific point and then quickly verify that it has been placed to the correct dimension.
Is this possible?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Move Reference line to inside face??
I hope someone chimes in here. I have had the same question. This would be good to know for a Reno project when modeling existing. I found that changing the reference line of the wall allows my dimensioning to work out.
Search in help for reference line to find in your toolbars/menu. Does that help??
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Select Wall Tool
2. type: x=12'3 5/8" OR y=-16'4 1/2" OR put your little pencil over a point until it turns full black, indicating that it has snapped to an object and then type: d=4'3 5/8"+

The third option should get you a specific distance from the indicated point. If you want to go in the negative direction (down or to the left) instead of + type two minus signs.
Learn and get certified!