BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Complex Profile Modifier Issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
With the new modifiers to complex profiles, is it possible to anchor the start/end to another material edge? A bit hard to explain. See image below
Basically I'm trying to have the "Start" of the skirting be dependant and begin where the "end" of the plasterboard is. From what I understand, what I have should work. The circle nodes are anchored to the correct material corner.

What I'm getting instead is this:
Am I missing something or is this not yet possible? The brick veneer examples only had heights to play around with.

The end goal right now (if the above works) is to have a single wall profile for external and internal with all the skirtings, tiles, etc to both reduce the drafting needed to extract quantities and using the favourites to control and turn "on/off" the elements by reducing the thicknesses to 0.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ah yes, in the Plasterboard - Thickness modifier, hover over its dimension. Click the "add" button.
Click on the right edge of the skirting to add that as well to the modifier (and make sure the direction is in the right direction). Because you need 2 edges to move at the same time.
The Skirting - Thickness modifier, should then be anchored to the right side of the skirting.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
When assigning Modifier anchors, press Tab to cycle through different Fill nodes/edges.
Also, it can be maybe easier to move the Fills apart to assign to the correct nodes/edges. Then after you have them set up, move the Fills back to their required locations.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi James,

I'm still having the same problem as above. Apart from each other, it looks like this
As the plasterboard thickness increases, it seems that the start of the skirting stays the same. Not sure what I'm misunderstanding
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ah yes, in the Plasterboard - Thickness modifier, hover over its dimension. Click the "add" button.
Click on the right edge of the skirting to add that as well to the modifier (and make sure the direction is in the right direction). Because you need 2 edges to move at the same time.
The Skirting - Thickness modifier, should then be anchored to the right side of the skirting.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
Perfect, exactly what I needed.

Just a question moving forward - if I wanted to make a villaboard + tiles modifier/materials. I would just stack them above the plasterboard/skirting? I think this method will work, just potentially messy.

Thanks James
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Andrew wrote:
Just a question moving forward - if I wanted to make a villaboard + tiles modifier/materials. I would just stack them above the plasterboard/skirting? I think this method will work, just potentially messy.
Anything you want to add to the face of the Plasterboard, and you want it to move when you resize the plasterboard thickness modifier, you'll need to add both vertical edges of the adjacent Fill to that modifier - so they move/offset as well.
As a reminder, you can overlap Fills now in the Profile Editor. For example if you want to play with different finishes. Adding Modifiers to each overlapping Fill, then in the Settings settings you can see all but one, to zero. To adjust which Fill becomes visible - I hope that makes sense.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, makes perfect sense.

Sorry just another somewhat relevant question. I just added the wall with the settings to display plasterboard + skirting on one side, and villa/tiles on the other as a newly defined favorite.

It inserts the default settings when I double click the favourite and place it in the project.

Eyedropping an existing one works, and editing the favourite shows the settings are correct.

Is this a bug/intended? I was aiming to focus on using favourites for presets, but will go back to using a module if needed.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmmm, seems like it has a problem eyedropping too.

I can eyedrop and place a new one with the exact same modifier settings. Injecting doesn't seem to carry over the modifier settings.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Andrew wrote:
Yep, makes perfect sense.

Sorry just another somewhat relevant question. I just added the wall with the settings to display plasterboard + skirting on one side, and villa/tiles on the other as a newly defined favorite.

It inserts the default settings when I double click the favourite and place it in the project.

Eyedropping an existing one works, and editing the favourite shows the settings are correct.

Is this a bug/intended? I was aiming to focus on using favourites for presets, but will go back to using a module if needed.
Check your "Element Transfer Settings" (Edit / Element Settings).
The set with the star next to it, represents the set that applies when double clicking a Favourite. Check to see which settings are checked/unchecked for that set (or click another set to switch the default used when applying Favourites). For example, transferring Profile Modifier values are optional (can be transferred or not).
When using inject, you'll see an on-screen control that indicates which transfer set is being used. You can hover over this control and click, to select a different set.
On the Favourite, you can also right click to apply the Favourite using a different transfer set, the use the arrow next to the "Apply" button.
James Badcock
Anonymous
Not applicable
Works like a charm.

Thanks for all your help.
Learn and get certified!