BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Consistency Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone had a "consistency error" dialog box with "1 or more elements have been deleted"?

Does anyone know if the file is too corrupt to continue using even if the 1 or elements where deleted.

I just started getting this error when using the detail tool and the interior elevation tool

Any hints/ comments would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maurice wrote:
Has anyone had a "consistency error" dialog box with "1 or more elements have been deleted"?

Does anyone know if the file is too corrupt to continue using even if the 1 or elements where deleted.

I just started getting this error when using the detail tool and the interior elevation tool

Any hints/ comments would be appreciated.
I think if it happens once is not a problem, you might have incorrectly drawn a slab or a fill or a roof or something.
If it start appearing consistently, then you can start worrying.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rgarand
Booster
We have run into a few of these here. Pretty scary stuff. So far it has actually happened a couple of times on the same drawings...but we are still working in the file. I am not sure what else we could do...unless we redraw the entire drawing...that is even scarier.
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000
Eduardo Rolon
Try this option

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=20704#20704

I just found this work around today
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

lapishawaii
Participant
I have been dealing with the "inconsistency error" for the past couple of months. The error message only appears when I try to save the file. This is the scary part since there is no sign of trouble until saving. The first time this happened I selected "save and delete elements", which was a mistake since all wall compositions were lost. Since then I always select "force quit" which doesn't delete anything, although changes since the last save may be lost - certainly the lesser of two evils.

The "inconsistency error" has occurred on several files and on two different computers. I have been unable to see any pattern to the problem, so until now my solution has been to save, save, save. Sometimes after "force quit" ArchiCAD will even save the changes that I had been unable to. Besides that moment of fear when I select "save", there seems to be no other problems with these files. Of coarse I always keep a secure back-up file every evening - just in case.
Eduardo Rolon
The reason i recommended the archive to pln procedure was because I could not find anything wrong with the file. As long as you work on a copy you will not loose anything by trying.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Try this option

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=20704#20704

I just found this work around today
Thanks to all for your replies. I am continuing to work with the file. It appears the error occurs when saving after using the interior elevation tool.

Nevertheless I have made 2 backups in case of major disaster.

I have searched the Archicad help files both on my Pc and the on line version without any success. If Graphisoft is listening I would appreciate an explanation for this error, a comment on how serious this error is, and recommended remedial measures (if any).
Eduardo Rolon
The interior elevation tool is very picky. Right now I use the regular elevation tool with limits set as I want. Although it takes more time to set up the benefit is that changes are updated instead of being static.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Maurice wrote:
Has anyone had a consistency error dialog box with 1 or more elements have been deleted
This has happened to me only with the section/elevation tool, and only when unlinking. I am asked "delete dimensions or change to static". I choose "change to static", then the dimension seems to be deleted anyway. When saving later on, I get that message. The number of deleted items always corresponds to the number of dimension strings I have lost. Or so it seems. I click "save anyway" and everything has been ok.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Stephen wrote:
Maurice wrote:
Has anyone had a consistency error dialog box with 1 or more elements have been deleted
This has happened to me only with the section/elevation tool, and only when unlinking. I am asked "delete dimensions or change to static". I choose "change to static", then the dimension seems to be deleted anyway. When saving later on, I get that message. The number of deleted items always corresponds to the number of dimension strings I have lost. Or so it seems. I click "save anyway" and everything has been ok.

Steve
Steve, next time try selecting all linear dimensions and turning them to static manually. This way you will surely not lose them when unlinking the S/E.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!