BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Consolidating nodes in a fill (along an edge)

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are often times when I'm combining fills together but over time it forms a lot of nodes along a single line (see attached). Is there a command where I can consolidate the nodes along a straight line of a fill?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
If you have a LOT of nodes along one edge, then you can also cut an area from the fill, removing all of those nodes.
Then you just need to adjust the edge and drag a couple of nodes onto the adjoining ones, instead of all the nodes one by one.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not that I'm aware of, the only work around I have is to magic wand a polyline to the fill and use line consolidation on that to break in to line and circle segments. This will get rid of unneeded extra nodes. You can then create a polyling again and magic wand a new fill to that polyline.

It sounds like a lot of work, but will not take very long to do.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Eduardo Rolon
You can drag the nodes one on top of the other and they will consolidate. There is no way to do an automatic clean up.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Yes, but it isn't a one click solution and sometimes it is just quicker to drag the offending nodes to the next.

Ensure your fill has a boundary. Explode the shape, deleting the original. You then have to save the profile as GS won't let you pick the new entities if you don't. Delete the fill and you will be left with the outline. Select the lines. Select Edit>Reshape>Linetype Consolidation and go with the defaults. You will be left with the simplified outline which you can then refill.

I have on simpler shapes just deleted the shape and redrawn what was required.

Tip: If the offending nodes are present in adjoining fills at the same point, you can select both fills and drag them both to a new common point.

Someone beat me to it while I was distracted
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution
Barry Kelly
If you have a LOT of nodes along one edge, then you can also cut an area from the fill, removing all of those nodes.
Then you just need to adjust the edge and drag a couple of nodes onto the adjoining ones, instead of all the nodes one by one.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!