BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.
SOLVED!

Deleting Single Instance of Hotlink

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm fairly new to archicad being a revit user and still trying to get my head around a few things. Can anyone tell me how you delete one instance of a hotlink rather than break/delete the host link? I have tried imbedding the hotlink and deleting the elements but with no success. No layers are locked either. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
With groups enable (toggle: alt + g), just select any element in the instance of the hotlink you wish to delete and it will select that entire instance, even across stories, of which you can then delete. While groups are suspended, you cannot change anything with an instance of a module.

It would be nice if you could still move modules with groups suspended if you have selected all elements within the module... Quite a few times I have tried to move several things including modules and left half the things behind due to them being part of a module...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
With groups enable (toggle: alt + g), just select any element in the instance of the hotlink you wish to delete and it will select that entire instance, even across stories, of which you can then delete. While groups are suspended, you cannot change anything with an instance of a module.

It would be nice if you could still move modules with groups suspended if you have selected all elements within the module... Quite a few times I have tried to move several things including modules and left half the things behind due to them being part of a module...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Ling! Did the trick!
Learn and get certified!