Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Ecodesigner Installation Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
"No ArchiCad 12 component found at location"

-But im running the installer FROM the precise Archicad 12 location?

Any ideas?
-I did install the newest updates to library, hotfix & ifc.
10 REPLIES 10
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Did you upgrade your hardware key?
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Barry Kelly
Is Ecodesigner looking for a default location but you installed Archicad in a custom location?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well.. we checked for all available updates for AC 12. Installed them no problem. Our AC12 is installed to the default location on a Mac... so you see it following Applications>Graphisoft>Archicad12..

On our stations, we have an admin and a local user profile. We have tried to install Ecodesigner from both profiles and with each we receive the error of

Cant imagine what would the problem be.. and Ecodesigner seems to have no available troubleshooting documentation..
Karl Ottenstein
Did you consider phoning your (free) tech support?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is usually a renaming issue. If you have renamed the ArchiCAD application, to say "ArchiCAD 12" to differentiate between versions for example, it will not recognize it. The name of the application itself must be the default "ArchiCAD" for the EcoDesigner installer to recognize it. You can then switch the name back after if you like.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I still do not understand what should I do in order to install the Eco Designer. I am getting the same message as the author of this topic:

Anonymous
Not applicable
Symm wrote:
This is usually a renaming issue. If you have renamed the ArchiCAD application, to say "ArchiCAD 12" to differentiate between versions for example, it will not recognize it. The name of the application itself must be the default "ArchiCAD" for the EcoDesigner installer to recognize it. You can then switch the name back after if you like.
I am having the same problem like the author of the topic - simply I can not install the Eco designer.

how can I change the name of the application?
thank you
Karl Ottenstein
You don't WANT to change the name of the application (which you can do in Windows Explorer / Finder) or to move anything out of the ArchiCAD folder. That is what will break the installation process.

If you are having problems, try re-installing your version of AC to make sure the installation is correct and then try to install EcoDesigner.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not have an ArchiCad at my home, as I did not bring my PC with me. I am not currently at home, but on an internship abroad. And I do not think I am allowed to uninstall the Archicad 12 in the office where I do my internship.

Can you be more precise about the "changing the name of the application". What do I need to do? Simply rename the name of the of folder "ArchiCAD 12" to "ArchiCAD"? Or what?

Thank you for the reply Karl.