BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Export doors/windows to Sketchup separately from walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello people!
I have recently started working with Archicad 18. I need to export my Archicad models to Sketchup, so i can then apply materials and render the buildings with Vray.

The first issue i had, was that the elements were exploded in separate surfaces when saved and opened in SU, so it was impossible to apply material in each surface separately.
This issue was shorted out partially by sharing the different elements in layers (in Archicad) before saving in .skp format. Then when i was opening the sketchup file, i could close all layers, and leave only one layer open at a time, so i can select all these separate surfaces and apply the material at once.

My problem is that Archicad mixes the Doors&Window elements with the Walls. I cannot find a way to have these elements in separate layers before i save the model in .skp format.

Has anyone find a way to short this issue out?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok.. i just shorted that out. I had to save in DWG from archicad. The i imported the dwg in Sketchup (selecting 'Merge coplanar surfaces' from the Options).
Windows and Doors are in separate layers now
Lingwisyer
Guru
That's convenient to know. How's the import into Sketchup? I find the triangulation of every surface, even flat, rather irritating with the standard export...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!