Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Finding multiple Survey Points

CarlM
Contributor
Hi,

I am having an issue with multiple Survey Points which became apperent when I exported an .ifc as I got the following warning:
"The project contains multiple Survey Points. Only one will be used for export."

I am only aware of placing one Survey Point, so I am wondering if one or more has been added through import of other objects. Nonetheless, I cannot find these other Survey Points. I just want to delete them so that I am certain the the exported .ifc contains the correct Survey Point.

I have unlocked all layers and view all renovation filters in the 3D window, but I can only find the SP that I have placed using Find & Select. Is there some specific IFC-parameter that I should be using when searching?

I hope someone has a solution for this very frustrating issue.
Thanks!
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
CarlM
Contributor
Hello again!

Has no one else encountered this issue with multiple survey points?
AC 25 SWE, 64-bit

Windows 10 PRO

Dell Precision 7530, i9-8950HK, Nvidia Quadro P3200, 64GB ram
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I recommend creating an Element Schedule to find multiple Survey Point's easily. Set the criteria to:

Element Type is Object
Library Part Name contains Survey Point

In the fields section add the Home Storey Name/Number parameter as this will allow you to see Survey Points which are placed on lower/upper Storeys.

Open the schedule, then select the entry and use the zoom to selection in floor plan command and this will take you directly to the Survey Point which you can then delete accordingly.

Cheers,

Marcus