BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL 2D Object Editor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys
I started drawing with ArchiCAD version 10 at University and then changed to AutoCAD cause of all the companies I worked with used it. Now I got sick of AutoCAD and want to change to ArchiCAD.

My biggest Problem so far is the editing of 2D GDL Objects after I have created them. I've searched for hours now on all Wikis and Forums even on Youtube, but cant find a proper answer!

I created them by selecting a Filling and with the "Library & Object - Save Selection As"

Now I'm opening them again by selecting them and "Library & Object - Open Object"

Next step is Clicking on 2D View at the bottom (marked)
a new window opens

As you can see in this newly opened window the palettes disappear and i can only draw a selection frame, but arent able to modify my fillings or draw something in it with Lines

Please help me, cause otherwise ArchiCAD wont last long
THANK YOU
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You need to do that in the "2D Symbol" Window.
The 2D of objects can have a 2D Symbol and a 2D Script.
In the 2D Symbol Window you can draw fills, lines, arcs etc. Drawing element created this way will not be parametric.
In the 2D Script Window you can use GDL commands to create fills, lines, arcs etc. Drawing elements created this way can be parametric.
The 2D View Window will show the result of both drawn 2D Symbols and elements created in the 2D Script.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
You need to do that in the "2D Symbol" Window.
The 2D of objects can have a 2D Symbol and a 2D Script.
In the 2D Symbol Window you can draw fills, lines, arcs etc. Drawing element created this way will not be parametric.
In the 2D Script Window you can use GDL commands to create fills, lines, arcs etc. Drawing elements created this way can be parametric.
The 2D View Window will show the result of both drawn 2D Symbols and elements created in the 2D Script.
thank you a lot!
This worked and the object changed imidiately after saving it.
I've added a FixPoint so the object doesn't move after changes.

Only problem left is the scale of the object. It changed in size after inserting...
thank you so much !!!

I'm confident again
Learn and get certified!