BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Graphisoft to Exit Facilities Management Business

archislave
Enthusiast
http://go.cadwire.net/?42045,1,211

"In a related move, the company is considering the possibility of spinning off Graphisoft Park, which consists of a high-tech office park along the Danube River in Budapest, Hungary and related real estate holdings. In addition to being the world headquarters for Graphisoft, the business park is also home to regional offices for such firms as Microsoft, Oracle, and HP."

What do you all think this means for Graphisoft and the direction they are going?

Are they selling out to a new company and maybe will move the headquarters to the US? Thereby compete more digilantly with Autodesk and Ghery Technologies?
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
6 REPLIES 6
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It looks like GS goes through a pretty major shakeup, hopefully it's just a regrouping before the AC10 release and the Mac platform uncertainty at the moment.
I just fear the worst if this forum would be just one of the topics on the Revit's forum...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
There's other interesting stuff out there as well, here's a quote from a recent Cadalyst email I received...
Cadalyst reported recently that Graphisoft is working on Graphisoft Constructor, a combination of ArchiCAD and an estimating product, and on a complete MEP (mechanical, electrical and plumbing) solution for ArchiCAD that will emphasize links to mechanical design analysis tools. This should be available this winter, about the same time as ArchiCAD 10, which is scheduled for beta testing this fall.

An MEP product would be a very welcome addition to the ArchiCAD product line and will fill what I see as a very big hole in ArchiCAD's overall BIM (building information modeling) solution. I've found it hard to accept that the company could claim to provide a complete building information model without including the critical components of a building's overall design, performance and lifecycle maintenance.

The only complete BIM package available from one developer at the current time, in my opinion, is Autodesk's Architectural Desktop and Building Systems, and Autodesk doesn't even market this as a BIM product. Instead, the company promotes its Revit 3D product as its BIM solution — yet Revit doesn't yet contain a complete MEP offering either. Go figure.
I know that Revit has Building, Structure and Systems (not released yet) that they are working on and it looks like Archicad has got it's MEP solution pretty far along??? Can't wait to try it out.....

Rick
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
rick, where did you get that info from, I mean, is there any internet public article on that? It sounds very very promising.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,

Here is the link to the article I was talking about....

AEC Tech News Article

If you can't get to it, send me a PM with an email address and I'll forward the original email to you.

Rick
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
thanks mate, I appreciate...
Anonymous
Not applicable
"In a related move, the company is considering the possibility of spinning off Graphisoft Park, which consists of a high-tech office park along the Danube River in Budapest, Hungary and related real estate holdings. In addition to being the world headquarters for Graphisoft, the business park is also home to regional offices for such firms as Microsoft, Oracle, and HP."

This look like someone is buying the assets from under the stock.
Learn and get certified!