BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How can I change default morph cover fill?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
When I hotlink IFC as morph elements in AC21 all morphs get the default roof tile fill in plan...how can I change that?
I tried to chahe the morph tool default in the actual project but it didn't work so there must be another esoteric place for this default...?
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Mats_Knutsson,

It is indeed controlled by the Morph Default Settings, but not necessarily in the file you are working in.

In ARCHICAD 21 you need to select a Template file for hotlinking. This can be (and most of the time it is) the Default ARCHICAD template, but you can basically use any file. During import, ARCHICAD uses the Morph tool defaults from this template, so if that has a floor plan fill like that, it will import with those settings. (If you choose the file you are working in as your template, then the last saved state of the morph tool default should be used).

I hope you will be able to solve your problem with this info.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Mats_Knutsson,

It is indeed controlled by the Morph Default Settings, but not necessarily in the file you are working in.

In ARCHICAD 21 you need to select a Template file for hotlinking. This can be (and most of the time it is) the Default ARCHICAD template, but you can basically use any file. During import, ARCHICAD uses the Morph tool defaults from this template, so if that has a floor plan fill like that, it will import with those settings. (If you choose the file you are working in as your template, then the last saved state of the morph tool default should be used).

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
ok I'll try that...maybe will find the other nutty default as well...brick material for complex pofiles etc...
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I think bricks are internal ID 1, which is probably why some imported elements with different tools default to that. (If you delete all surfaces, you would still need the one and by default that would #1).
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Karl Griffith
Booster
dkovacs wrote:
Hello Mats_Knutsson,

Regards,
Having done a lot of hotlinking with ifcs lately, I am thinking that when hotlinking an ifc, you do not select an ArchiCAD template, but a translator. Does the translator then use the default settings of the ArchiCAD file it is referenced from?
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karl wrote:
Having done a lot of hotlinking with ifcs lately, I am thinking that when hotlinking an ifc, you do not select an ArchiCAD template, but a translator. Does the translator then use the default settings of the ArchiCAD file it is referenced from?
Dear Karl Griffith,
When you browse for a module (IFC) file in the 'Place Hotlink...>Select Hotlink Module...>New Hotlink Module' dialog, you have to choose a translator. This translator already shows next to it's name which Template it comes from. If you open the options next to it, you get a list with all the linked templates, and their translators. Here you can add new templates to the list, and even choose the current file as the template (and choose a translator from it). So yes, you are actually selecting a translator from a template file, and thus selecting both a translator and a template at once.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Karl Griffith
Booster
dkovacs wrote:
So yes, you are actually selecting a translator from a template file, and thus selecting both a translator and a template at once.

Regards,
Thanks, Daniel. I didn't realize that.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
Learn and get certified!