BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create LIVE Detail Floor Plans

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everybody and happy NY!

I need to create detail floor plans and I would like them to be live.
If I simply use the main floor plan 1:100 as source, I then have to create a specific layer combination 1:25 to turn off the 1:100 2D line work/text and turn on the 1:25 2D line work/text.

The problem is that:
-I need to draw a fill to cover everything else around the area I need to detail in order to create a white background for txt and 2D work.
-I need to create separate layer combinations for each of the following detail plans, to avoid overlapping of information.

It would be perfect to have a dynamic detail marker tool that keeps everything live instead of exploding everything in 2D.

Is there any option that I should but I am not aware of?

Hope I have been clear and someone has an answer for it.

Cheers
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Deviz wrote:
It's really dumb that ArchiCAD doesn't simply allows to cut a free-form detail marker, which makes everything else around disappearing and leaves the live model to be documented.
You can cut a freeform detail or worksheet but then you have to do the annotations in the detail/worksheet window so it's no longer a live model view.
I wonder what system does Revit have for this!!!
Revit has the advantage here (to a point). You can create as many levels as you like with the extents individually set. In other words, plan views are pretty much like horizontal sections. Unfortunately the method is not intuitive and from what I've seen most users don't know how to use it very well. As I recall the extents are strictly rectangular. Managing overlapping enlarged plan views still has its share of complications.
Learn and get certified!