Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to create a wall object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I need to create a wall object similar to the one created with the wall tool, which has insulation and connects to other walls. How can I do this? When creating a gdl object I can select the subtype wall, however I'm not sure how this works since this type of object seems to be placed using the object tool? I also found some 10+ years old posts on this forum saying it's not possible to create walls, is this still the case?

br,
blob
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Don't forget you can create composite walls that can have a skin for insulation.

Or if you need a wall profile that is not rectangular, you can create complex profiles.
These complex profiles can even have 'modifiers' now, so you can stretch individual skins - not just changing the height or width of the entire wall.

These complex profiles with modifiers is a bit like having a wall object, but because it is a wall it will interact with other walls, slabs, beams, etc.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, it is still the case I would say.
Objects cannot sense each other's position or parameters so it would not be possible to make its connection to other "Wall" Objects
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
Barry Kelly
Don't forget you can create composite walls that can have a skin for insulation.

Or if you need a wall profile that is not rectangular, you can create complex profiles.
These complex profiles can even have 'modifiers' now, so you can stretch individual skins - not just changing the height or width of the entire wall.

These complex profiles with modifiers is a bit like having a wall object, but because it is a wall it will interact with other walls, slabs, beams, etc.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I think creating composite walls will suffice in my case. Thank you for the help.