BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Intersection line between same composites

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am newie in Archicad. I have a very simple question. I am drawing some interior walls with gypsy boards. On each intersection one of the walls finish against the other wall, normally perpendicular. So regardless they have the same materials I need to keep the intersection line, because in real constructions the materials do not merge, this is not concrete. I read that the only solutions is to change to different layer with different intersection settings or using different fake materials, or using different cutting fills for each material.

This make the drawing unnecessary complex, is there any other option that works and do not brings to the drawing, new layers, new materials,...
1 REPLY 1
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You will need two different materials and two different composites, but I would just draw a line there or actually I wouldn't, but I would not be trying to show this amount of detail and explain all the billable hours

It sounds to me like you are at 1:5 scale level of detail. At this level of detail I just make 2D detail drawings that are not connected to my model.

Floor plans and sections and such rarely go beyond 1:50 scale for me, where you cannot really tell this kind of detail when printed out.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!