BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Migration: Load and object without loading the library

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have migrated a project into ArchiCAD 18, and there is one object that is missing from a library that I don't want to bring in.

I have copied the object into one of the libraries that is loaded in the project, but it is still trying to read it from the original project. And if I replace the object by just selecting the new object, all the lengths I had set in ArchiCAD 17 go back to their default, which would take me ages to reset.

Is there any way I can get the object to read from a different location/library but retain the same input data/lengths from before?

Thanks very much!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
lbell wrote:
Hi all,

Is there any way I can get the object to read from a different location/library but retain the same input data/lengths from before?

Thanks very much!
You should be able to pick up the properties of the original object with the syringe, and apply them to the new object (in the Library you want to have loaded) by "injecting" them into the preview of the new object (CMD+OPT in Mac, whatever it is in Windows).

eg. in the image below the from the Bar Stool 16 object (which I have selected) I can inject the settings into the Chair 01 16 object, and any common parameters will transfer. In your case there should be plenty of common parameters as it is the same object, Does not show well in the image as I had to let go of the keys to get the screen capture image
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool, thanks - I didn't know you could drop onto a library part, that was good to know. Seems a shame you can't replace all of them at once though - it took me a fair while!

Thanks again - gotta use one of these guys:

Learn and get certified!