Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Opening in param-o

Vitalijus
Participant

Ia it possible to make parametric wallhole in param-o?

2 REPLIES 2
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

I believe Grasshopper is a better tool for what you are looking for. Unfortunately currently you can only create Objects with Param-o. We are planning to introduce doors and windows in the future.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

parametric wall hole?   It depends on what you mean by that.  You can of course make holes in a PARAM-O object of any shape or dimensions you want.  And you could control an array of PARAM-O objects with PARAM-O functionality for cutting those holes.  SEO may be a part of the solution.   Parametirc?  That also depends some on what you mean by that.   Perhaps you could pick up some ideas about how you want to use PARAM-O to tryout different arrays of openings of different sizes by downloading this sample object? 

"  Window panel

We used the Random Series node to create the holes in the window panel randomly. Each and every hole is different. Edit the subtype of the object using the GDL editor. In this example, the subtype is Window. Access this object using the Window Tool."  

Download this object     

There is always more than one way to do anything with Archicad, and there is almost always some way to use Archicad to do what you need it to do.    

I am always curious to see what people are doing with PARAM-O because I have never come across something I do with regular Archicad modeling that I would rather do with PARAM-O.  

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25