Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Rotated Editing/Construction Grids

Narska
Advocate
I have a model where all my floor plans are rotated slightly (16 degrees) so that they are orthogonal.

When in plan view there are no issues so for example when creating a slab it is created orthogonally to the view.

Now moving to a 3D view I edit the editing and construction plane by rotating them so they are orthogonal to my building.

BUT when creating a slab now in 3D the slab tries to create it self orthogonally to the original default grid, not the rotated grid.

How do I create a slab/morph in 3D so that it is orthogonal to the rotated grid?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Narska wrote:
I have a model where all my floor plans are rotated slightly (16 degrees) so that they are orthogonal.
So you have rotated your Grid 16 degrees and start placing walls, right?
If the answer is yes, I think its not a good idea. I always start project with the grid at zero rotation, and rotate all the other elements (terrain, surrounding constructions, etc). I use rotate grid only when I need to work in other angled parts of the project for a long period.
If you are already doing that, then I am missing something.
Hope that helps.
Narska
Advocate
Braza wrote:
Narska wrote:
So you have rotated your Grid 16 degrees and start placing walls, right?
If the answer is yes, I think its not a good idea. I always start project with the grid at zero rotation, and rotate all the other elements (terrain, surrounding constructions, etc). I use rotate grid only when I need to work in other angled parts of the project for a long period.
If you are already doing that, then I am missing something.
Hope that helps.
Yes its rotated. The reason is that we started with a point cloud which we got aligned to to true north. I thought it might make sense to keep that the way it is.

It seems clear now that best thing is to rotate the point cloud.
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect