Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Security gate object?

Kamelite
Enthusiast

I need an object like this:

Kamelite_0-1670926074340.png

I have found several, but they are RFA and Archicad 25 wont let me import them, it is from the wrong Revitversion i guess...

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
12 REPLIES 12

In my opening-object I don't have an option to change the material settings. 

I think I will settle with the one on the picture. It isn't desvribed as a gate you can see through, it is for a garagae fascility in a hospital

Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave me tips! Much appreciated!

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27
Jeff Galbraith
Advocate

Looks like an overhead coiling grille.  You may be able to find another object on another site such as BIMobject etc.  However any RFA object you import will not be parametric so you wouldn't be able to change the opening sizes...which will be a non-starter in just about every instance.

We typically just model those as a group of elements.  Columns with custom profiles for the jamb guide channels.  Beam with custom profile for the head can, and a curtain wall with custom frame objects for the grille infill.  You can classify the grill curtain wall element as the door object so it shows up in your door schedule.  This will give you the most flexibility to get it to look how you want, and change the size, and make sure you coordinate the jamb connection points correctly in your model.  

Another option would be using Library Part Maker to create a custom door object, but again the opening dimensions will not be parametric...you'll have to create a new library part for each size you need...a huge limitation for LPM.  Plus, the door would have to be hosted in a wall...which is not how these types of doors are typically installed...so that leads to other issues.

Jeff G

Archicad 27 USA (full), Macbook Pro (16-inch 2023, M3 MAX, 128 GB RAM)

I discovered it in my Simple Window- object. It took a bit of searching, but I found it. Its close enough!

.Kamelite

Windows 10, Archicad 27