BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Slab Holes

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been creating holes in slabs for some time. Now I cannot make it work. I create a slab, highlight it click on slab in tool bar and up pops the "slab selection settings" dialog box. I exit that and the pet palette pops up only allowing me to move, elevate, mirror etc the highlighted slab. What went wrong.
5 REPLIES 5
Try it like this. select the slab you want the hole in, then click on the slab tool, draw a triangle, then stretch the sides of the triangle as arcs to fit a circle. There are other ways to do it but this may be useful to see what makes the pop-ups show up when you need them.

You can draw a circle on the slab you want the hole in, select that slab, then click on the slab tool, with the space bar held down click( magic wand ) on the circle to create a hole. You don't need the pop-up tool for that so perhaps that is not what you wanted to know. ??
make hole in slab.jpg

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your response. Still can't make it happen. It's pretty frustrating when you can't make a simple routine work. I have this program on (3) computers. On my desktop on two different drives. One windows7 the other Vista and on my laptop which has Windows7. This function doesn't work on any of them. Have you ever heard of this.......??
Try it exactly like this:

Draw slab. Draw circle on the slab where you want the hole. Select the slab, then select the slab tool, then hold down the space bar and left click on the circle. It will cut a hole in the slab.

If if wont work doing that at least you will know for sure that your problem is not procedural.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Barry Kelly
Robert wrote:
I have been creating holes in slabs for some time. Now I cannot make it work. I create a slab, highlight it click on slab in tool bar and up pops the "slab selection settings" dialog box. I exit that and the pet palette pops up only allowing me to move, elevate, mirror etc the highlighted slab. What went wrong.
You need to left click on the edge of the slab to get the full pet palette.
Other wise you will only get the one you describe.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried something different and it worked. I activated the "toolbox tools" toolbar and the function works correctly. I've noticed recently in the "toolbox tools" palette I'll do a repair because the "grid element" and "skylight" will disappear. This will correct when I do a program repair and within a day or so again drop off. Has this happened to anyone....?
Learn and get certified!