BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Slab and outer wall line not aligned

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I have problem with some "little dimensions" appearing in drawings (0,01 cm e.g). These measurements make problems with section views-slab lines seen (usually when slab edge is nos aligned with outer wall face). When I zoom drawing I can see these small distances between lines. When I have big projects I cannot control all edges. I am interested is there any tolerance command which can prevent these issues; figuratively speaking- when everything which is closer than e.g. 1 cm becomes one (autocad has this tolerance with nodes). I will post some pictures to better understand issues which are worrying me.
Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In ARCHICAD there is no such tolerance setting as such.
You have cursor shapes that give you an indication about the proximity or element Nodes and Edges. You also have Cursor Snap Range setting in Work Environment Dialog>Input Constraints and Guides page that lets you define how many pixels close the Cursor must be to a Node or Edge to sense it. The maximum possible value is 9 pixels.
So you should always make sure you click only when the Checkmark Cursor shape is present.
You can also zoom in in such cases to make sure you find the exact Node you want.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In ARCHICAD there is no such tolerance setting as such.
You have cursor shapes that give you an indication about the proximity or element Nodes and Edges. You also have Cursor Snap Range setting in Work Environment Dialog>Input Constraints and Guides page that lets you define how many pixels close the Cursor must be to a Node or Edge to sense it. The maximum possible value is 9 pixels.
So you should always make sure you click only when the Checkmark Cursor shape is present.
You can also zoom in in such cases to make sure you find the exact Node you want.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer. I saw that possibility before but thought that would not solve the problem. I will try with it again, if you re sure that there is no tolerance solution.
thanks!
Antonija
Learn and get certified!