BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Survey and Site Plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I model an imperial unit dimensioned house, with a metric geodetic site survey on the same site plan?

To illustrate, I begin my Main Floor at 100'-00" Our surveys geodetic points are, in this instance around 47.00 m

In my opinion this an essential feature to have. I tried building my terrain model as a module, with geodetic point elevations. However, when I attached the module to the house model, the dimensions displayed changed relative to their new position. Can I override the module to display it's native dimension values?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Chazz
Enthusiast
Views can be saved with dimension scheme preferences but to get them on the same sheet you'd need to overlay them in the layout. it would appear to be utterly doable with the current toolset. If this seems not to be the case it's probably because I don't understand your quandary. A picture would help (1k words).
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
This might work

Set up the house first in imperial units with FL of 100'00".

Then go to Options/Project Preferences/Working Units and levels and change to millimetres or metres.

The FL for the house should now show at 30.47m or thereabouts. Anything you import then or model would be in metric units.

Ian C
Learn and get certified!