BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall Structure: How to Change Heights

goodtimes99
Contributor

Hi there.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change different parts of a wall to different heights? eg the timber stud to be higher than the brickwork as would be the case in common house construction. I am using Archicad 24 and have tried extensively to seperate the different components so i could adjust them independently but to no avail. 

Darryl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@goodtimes99 You may want to look at this help link to COMPLEX PROFILES

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
DGSketcher
Legend

@goodtimes99 You may want to look at this help link to COMPLEX PROFILES

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

I use wall coverings

Thank you for your reply DGSketcher. After reading the Complex Profiles Document and after a little practice i was able to edit an existing wall to my liking and also create a new wall from scratch. I really appreciate your help.

Thank you for your reply SenecaDesignLLC. I was able to download the Apps you have mentioned with no problems, but when Archicad opens i get a grey screen in the middle and not the usual white screen. I only have a demo model so wether this has anything to do with this happening i am not sure.

Learn and get certified!