BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

drawing another story using "traced as reference"

alex732
Participant

Hello!

I have to draw another story, and I am doing that by marking my ground floor as "show as trace refrence". the problem is, when I am making the slab for the ground floor, it does not follow the ground flour contour walls.( see pictures below). What should I do?

Thanks,

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg
Archicad26 Educational | Windows 11 AMD RYZEN 6000 9, GEFORCE RTX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Your first screenshot shows that indeed snap to grid is turned on (there is a little dot near your cursor).  It must be disabled in order to model freely.

Separately - if your other story is relatively similar to the ground floor, it can be easier to copy the ground floor elements to that story and then edit them as needed vs modeling from scratch.  Even if the wall construction changes, if the reference lines are in the proper places, you can just select all walls on the new story and change their composite/type.  Etc.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon

Check that you have not turned on "Grid Snap" under the "View" menu.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Your first screenshot shows that indeed snap to grid is turned on (there is a little dot near your cursor).  It must be disabled in order to model freely.

Separately - if your other story is relatively similar to the ground floor, it can be easier to copy the ground floor elements to that story and then edit them as needed vs modeling from scratch.  Even if the wall construction changes, if the reference lines are in the proper places, you can just select all walls on the new story and change their composite/type.  Etc.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Thank you so much, it really works!!

Archicad26 Educational | Windows 11 AMD RYZEN 6000 9, GEFORCE RTX
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!