BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

elevation siding coursing

dhnguyen
Contributor
When I open a brand new archicad file, I create a siding coursing that i want (like 6" space coursing), I can manually modify the base of the coursing to be wherever I want it to be like 12" below the reference level.

In the current file that I am working on, the cannot modify the base at all, is there something that is preventing me from doing this?
DNguyen

ArchiCAD 18- 25

(expert in AutoCAD, novice in ArchiCAD)
2 REPLIES 2
I think you may need to clarify your question. There are several ways you might get the siding exposure (that's what we call it around here anyway) to show correctly in an Elevation for Section view.
Some of these methods are related to the modeling, some to display settings, some to fills...
In your case, it looks like your wall is a complex profile. Is that right?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

DGSketcher
Legend
I am not sure what is happening with the wall height settings in the tool bar, they don't seem to work as expected these days. Best thing to do is open the wall dialog and check the various height settings there. If you think you have identified a bug please report it to your GS support network.

Just an observation, but it probably isn't good practice to name your complex profile "Custom" as this is AC's default name for an unsaved profile.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!