Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to create chamfer box ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hello there after last improvements in new version of archicad 15 i know doing complicated shape will not be problem so here my question simply how i can create chamfer box from all sides as you see in the image

Capture.JPG
9 REPLIES 9
Eduardo Rolon
You can do this using complex profiles.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
oh can you give me a shot of a profile section of this complex profile so i can try to do the same and thanks in advance
Eduardo Rolon
here you go
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it must be a solid box, use this object: Cube Prim 3.gsm (Olivier Dentan)
Download it from here: http://archilib.od.pagesperso-orange.fr/
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
ejrolon wrote:
here you go
Note that if you make the top and bottom horizontal elements in the custom profile AND set the Horizontal STRETCH to only the horizontal parts, you can adjust the "Width" of the box to meet in the middle...

Tip: Make those horizontal legs as SHORT as possible... You can only STRETCH longer...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Dwight
Newcomer
The flaw in suggesting a complex profile solution is wall placement:

When placing walls, a matching corner radius curves the corners.
Dwight Atkinson
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
You are correct...

It will struggle to make the curved corner... Done it many times with no real good result...

As shown in the Red Graphic, adding a cube in the middle will help the joinery...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Karl Ottenstein
A long-time option is ArchiForma from Cigraph which can fillet the top and/or bottom of various shapes as seen in the attached.

Unlike your cube, the side edges are right angles. ArchiForma itself does not have a parameter to chamfer them - they would have to be manually filleted in the extruded form.

Karl
ArchiForma 2.0.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
Here is the fillet-all version of the shape via ArchiForma 2.0

Note again that the top and bottom fillet of 6" is parametric. The extruded corner fillet was done manually via the pet palette to all corners of the fill prior to having ArchiForma extrude it. So, if the fillet amount changes, the shape would have to be re-created.

Note also that you can see the polygons in this OpenGL capture. If you are using an external rendering package such as Artlantis, these facets will be smoothed out.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB