Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

library issues! arch resolution.

Anonymous
Not applicable
AGGGHHHH, I just want to scream at the graphisoft folks. I pay to be on this subscription plan, and I am thinking this is a bad idea. The key to using an object based cad program is that the objects WORK! The libraries are really buggy! First I had an issue with the roof maker tool, second I had an issue with the upgrade to the "new" library. Now I have reverted to the older, but usable library, and now my arch resolution won't change. Any ideas? Isn't part of graphisoft's job to make sure archicad "works," before they ship it? Lots of lost productivity fighting archicad! Revit is looking better everyday. Can I get out of my subscription! Man I am sick of fighting this poorly engineered software!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I feel your pain.
Tricky question now that Graphisoft has not kept up with implied product as stated. And new library is worse!!??
But that could be big hassle for sure.
If you don't renew within 30 day grace period the price goes up 100 buckers.
If you let it go longer, up it goes again, I think another 100.
and another??per??
I like the idea suggested by others that we should get compensated somehow for pain and suffering.
I Vote for a free Modular Joinery Tool.
But check with your reseller for sure.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Shae wrote:
AGGGHHHH, I just want to scream at the graphisoft folks. I pay to be on this subscription plan, and I am thinking this is a bad idea. The key to using an object based cad program is that the objects WORK! The libraries are really buggy! First I had an issue with the roof maker tool, second I had an issue with the upgrade to the "new" library. Now I have reverted to the older, but usable library, and now my arch resolution won't change. Any ideas? Isn't part of graphisoft's job to make sure archicad "works," before they ship it? Lots of lost productivity fighting archicad! Revit is looking better everyday. Can I get out of my subscription! Man I am sick of fighting this poorly engineered software!
Can you tell us the exact nature of the problem. Where is this arc? How did you try to modify it? A screen capture would also be useful.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
rocorona
Booster
I remember the same issue back in ArchiCAD 7 (!). Someone asked me for a a correction on the arch opening (no door leaf). I don't know the name of the object, in the ENG/INT library.

The error was in a misplaced RESOL command, only active for the PREVIEW of the opening, in the setting dialog... It can be easily noticed with wide openings, with a "flat" arch: an opening width of 4,5mt and a arch height of 0,5 mt results in a 4 segments arch in 3D, whatever resolution you set.

Just checked now on ArchiCAD 12... the scripts are changed a lot, and the RESOL parameter name, too... but the error is STILL THERE...

To correct it you simply need to add the following
nArchResolution = gs_res 

at the end of the CALL command, found in the first rows of the 3D Script.
remember also to add a comma at the end of the previous line.

Here the complete CALL command:

call "GS Door Opening Functions",
parameters all iWindowShape = iWindowShape,
openingArchHeight = openingArchHeight,
bParalellInCurvedWalls = bParalellInCurvedWalls,
nArchResolution = gs_res

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
The key to using an object based cad program is that the objects WORK!
a year is not enough GS, get off the train and keep it real
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16