BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

maintaining origin point between plan & details

cremsberg
Participant
When I create a detail drawing from an area of the floor plan, the detail seems to create an origin point of its own that is not consistent with the X-Y-Z origin of the floor plan or model. This makes it more difficult to cut and paste between plan or section and detail. Is there a control for this that I am overlooking? Oddly, I can cut FROM detail and paste TO floor plan with successful location, but not the other way around.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
6 REPLIES 6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes - it's the node in the center of the detail bubble. Use the 'Move sub-element' edit in the pet palette to relocate it over your project origin, rebuild the detail from the source view (context menu in the detail window) and everything should copy & paste just fine.

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I should also point out that when you place a drawing of the detail on a layout, you should not set the anchor to 'Use Drawing's internal origin as anchor'. Set the anchor to the center of the drawing instead - this will prevent your detail jumping all over the page if you move over the model.

And if you do move it over the model, you will need to manually relocate the detail's origin again, and rebuild it from the source view.

Cheers,
Link.
cremsberg
Participant
Link – your suggestion of moving the center node of detail bubble to the origin point seems to move the entire bubble (Detail Marker Polygon) as if the detail is of something around the origin point. I’ve tried this while in either detail tool or arrow tool and it still doesn’t work like I think you intend. Thanks, though.
Claire Remsberg

cremsberg
Participant
Link – your suggestion of moving the center node to the origin point seems to move the entire bubble (Detail Marker Polygon) as if the detail is of something around the origin point. I’ve tried this while in either detail tool or arrow tool.
Claire Remsberg

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
It won't do that if you select the 'Move sub-element' in the pet palette. That's the one in the top row.

Cheers,
Link.
cremsberg
Participant
Link – Honest, it isn’t working for me. I know which command in the Pet Palette you speak of. I am on ACv10 for Mac, and using Standard Detail Marker SE9, if that makes any difference. Thanks for trying!
Claire Remsberg

Learn and get certified!