Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

user defined PRISM

Hi,

I’m new to gdl, and I’m trying to create an object that is basically a PRISM but with the number of edges defined by the user.
Is this possible?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
6 REPLIES 6
JGoode
Advocate
Achille wrote:
Hi,

I’m new to gdl, and I’m trying to create an object that is basically a PRISM but with the number of edges defined by the user.
Is this possible?
Do you mean can you allow the user to make it for example, a triangle, hexagon, octagon etc but entering in the amount of edges? What is the range that you want them to be able to enter?
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
JGoode
Advocate
You should try the following and see if it fits your needs.
You can set the "8" to be it's own integer parameter and allow that to be adjustable by the user.
this is the most straight forward way I can think of
resol 8
cylind zzyzx, radius
ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
Lingwisyer
Guru
By using CYLIND there is no need to define the vertices. How do you set the orientation? Can CYLIND display all edges?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Thanks for the replies!
Nice thought to use CYLIND, but it is not suitable for me as the shape is always symmetric and I do not want this.
What I want to create is a steel plate. The steel plate can have from a minimum of 4 to a max of 8 edges, but it is not necessarily symmetric. So I thought to create a PRISM with its number of points being parametric. The problem is that it only works for a PRISM with 8 edges, if there are less edges I get the error of too many parameters.
Is there a way to ignore some parameters?
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate
You can do it with PUT(), GET()/USE() functions.
vuego wrote:
You can do it with PUT(), GET()/USE() functions.
Thanks @vuego !