GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL Syntax Highlight for VSCode

Miha Nahtigal
Advocate
I've just published a VSCode Extension for GDL highlighting (it's free). It is a first release so it is a bit rough. I'll try to update it regularly.

You can download it from VSCode marketplace or install it directly from VSCode->Extensions (search for GDL).
45 REPLIES 45
Nader Belal
Mentor
thank you
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
vdentello
Advocate
vuego wrote:
I've just published a VSCode Extension for GDL highlighting (it's free). It is a first release so it is a bit rough. I'll try to update it regularly.

You can download it from VSCode marketplace or install it directly from VSCode->Extensions (search for GDL).
Great!!
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi all,

Graphisoft has been working on something similar, now we are releasing our extension for VSCode.
It has syntax highlighing, gdl-specific themes, snippets, script outline and built-in reference guide.
Install it from VSCode by searching GDL in the Extension view. We will update it with each ArchiCAD release.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
vdentello
Advocate
Peter wrote:
Hi all,

Graphisoft has been working on something similar, now we are releasing our extension for VSCode.
It has syntax highlighing, gdl-specific themes, snippets, script outline and built-in reference guide.
Install it from VSCode by searching GDL in the Extension view. We will update it with each ArchiCAD release.
Another Awesome Adition! Amazing!

A quick sugestion: Enhance Documentation regarding XML Specific Data Like "GDL Pict" which embeds images.
The only way I could achieve it was by extracting pre-made Objects and analysing the actual code. Even the GDLXml converter topic is quite "simplistic".
There's no documentation on that topic.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Nader Belal
Mentor
Thank you.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.
runxel
Legend
Peter wrote:

Nice work, Peter. Good to see GDL getting some love.
But no open source?
That's sad.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Yes, the intent is that it will be open-source, we need some time to organize it in a company-standard way.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
runxel
Legend
Peter wrote:
Yes, the intent is that it will be open-source, we need some time to organize it in a company-standard way.
Oh, great to hear! 
Looking forward! Keep up the good work.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Joe Putnam
Booster
Peter wrote:
Great news. It would also be good to add a series of best practice tutorials to the you tube site. Similar to what is done for ArchiCAD in general. Something that would blow my mind would be if Graphisoft setup a github account similar to McNeel and had GDL and API samples that are as in depth as those found here.

https://github.com/mcneel/rhino-developer-samples

https://github.com/mcneel

It might be too much to ask but try open sourcing Param-O Look what that has done for Dynamo

https://dynamobim.org/

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!