BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

AC26 Text offset in textbox and labels

Yvonne
Advocate

As I'm migrating files from AC25 to AC26 I have noticed the text within textboxes and labels (standard text label, Indigo Figs label and the 4D opening label) have shifted up... like it is offset from the centre. 

text offset.jpg

left is AC25 and right is AC26

Is this happening to anyone else? Maybe a AC26 bug?

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend

Someone at GS decided in their wisdom to reconfigure the text generation function which has resulted in displaced text in all sorts of tools. I believe it varies significantly between fonts as well. Not sure what, if anything, is being done about it, but GS are aware of the problem.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JeffH
Enthusiast

Yep, he have experienced all kinds of issues with any multi-line text and the specific DIN font we are using.

we had to adjust many things that were already placed in our templates.

AC24 / AC26
Win10

Any idea if GS will fix this? 

Sorry, I don't. It could be in the next update, or it may just get buried under all the other bugs.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

We're using DIN as well... and this is affecting all our migrated projects 

It is a known problem when converting older files to 26.

Some fonts move more than others.

It is supposed to be fixed in update 50xx, which hopefully is the next one - I have no idea when.

See...

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Archicad-26-Update-4004-Preview-Antialising-BUG/m-p...

The problem is if you fix the text position now in 26, then it will go bad again when you update to 50xx, so you will have to fix it again.

I really hope they do fix this problem, as it is preventing me from upgrading to 26 until it is fixed.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
PVBergkrantz
Expert

Even line height is handled different for different fonts. One expects the line height to be a percentage of the cap height, but it's not, and different for different fonts. 200% is not twice the line height of 100% etc. The way text is handled in Archicad in general is in great need of reworking, especially since it can lead to grave errors in drawings and other legal documents. Even basic functions like copying text from within a textbox does not work.

line height.png

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Learn and get certified!