Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Amateur user - Rendering error: Not enough disk space..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am amateur user using Archicad 16 for my uni assignment. I know this type of post have been posted many times in the past and I have been reading through many, many of them but still I couldn't resolve the issue that I am encountering on my Macbook Pro.

I have been trying to render my project on my macbook pro which I have purchased 8 months ago. Its specs are Intel i7 2.4GHz and I have put in 8GB RAM.

When I try to do a photo-render using the Lightworks engine for an output of A3 size (41.91 cm x 29.72 cm) with 600dpi (I also have an background image inserted)

I straightaway get a "Not enough disk space to render" error followed by an "Not enough memory.." error.

I have checked my free disk space on my machine: 300+ GB free at the moment. I also ensure that I reboot my machine and Archicad is the only running application before I proceed with rendering. Also I have tried to turn off many of the options, such as effects, lighting, shadows. But I still get the error almost straightaway when I start the render process.

I have also tried to reduce the size and dpi but that's not really an option because I have been instructed to produce the render in that size for my assignment.

Can anybody help? Any suggestions? Do I need a more powerful machine?

I have been trying to workaround this for the past week non-stop but still no luck.

Thanks all!
6 REPLIES 6
Dwight
Newcomer
That is a ridiculously dense rendering.

Keep your rendering to less than 4000 pixels on an edge.

150 ppi is plenty for an A3 print.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
That is a ridiculously dense rendering.

Keep your rendering to less than 4000 pixels on an edge.

150 ppi is plenty for an A3 print.
Hi Dwight, thanks for the reply. I have tried lowering it to 100 dpi. No avail. Still errors out with "Not enough disk space.."

What the hell is wrong...Could this error be a generic error that is masking something else?
Dwight
Newcomer
Then it must be your background image. Can you fix the native resolution?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Then it must be your background image. Can you fix the native resolution?
A little ban mishap but I am back.

So, may I ask if I try to render this at a lower dpi i.e. 150 at A3 size. Will that still achieve photo quality? I will need to be printing this render out, so I want to make sure that at 150 dpi, it is still a high quality image for me to print out in A3.

Thanks.
Dwight
Newcomer
That is a big question.

Printing to an inkjet, it will be fine.

However, you need to know that Archicad's textures don't support really high resolutions - they will blur in the rendering.

The most glaring error here is where the rendering is made sharper than the photo background.

Equipment varies.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
That is a big question.

Printing to an inkjet, it will be fine.

However, you need to know that Archicad's textures don't support really high resolutions - they will blur in the rendering.

The most glaring error here is where the rendering is made sharper than the photo background.

Equipment varies.
Thanks for all your help so far Dwight. It turns out, your suspicion is right about the background image. Once I removed the image, it rendered. I then put the image back in and tweaked the image size. The project then rendered!!

Thank you!