Document & Visualize forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for annotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
What is the best practice for annotation in Archicad please?

Primarily how should I be adding text and dimensions, on worksheets, floor plans, elevations etc. Text the same or on layouts?

Is it best practice (I'd assume so) to have one set of dimensions for different scales of the same drawing? What is the best way to control visibility of the dimensions and text on the layout i.e. if I'd like a dimension showing for a 1:20 drawing but not a 1:50 drawing?

Are there any particular sources that I can look at for the best practices when it comes to layouts and how to structure my project?

Very new to Archicad but I want to make sure I'm heading in the right direction
2 REPLIES 2

Laura Yanoviak
Booster
thompsonmp wrote:
Primarily how should I be adding text and dimensions, on worksheets, floor plans, elevations etc. Text the same or on layouts?
Annotate in the Views.
thompsonmp wrote:
Is it best practice (I'd assume so) to have one set of dimensions for different scales of the same drawing? What is the best way to control visibility of the dimensions and text on the layout i.e. if I'd like a dimension showing for a 1:20 drawing but not a 1:50 drawing?
Layers.
thompsonmp wrote:
Are there any particular sources that I can look at for the best practices when it comes to layouts and how to structure my project?
I started with Project Framework which is a very good book, but out of print and out of date. What do people use these days? Good question.
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i9, 32 GB of RAM

AC25 US (3011) AC24 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

DGSketcher
Virtuoso
thompsonmp wrote:
The UKI template is a pretty good start but for me every project brings a different set of challenges which means it sometimes has too many view options and sometimes not enough. Best advice is get on and use it, learn what works for you and adapt as necessary to suit your business. The software is a tool not your master, but it can be your best workmate if used right. If you have enough type repeat work you might even get to the point of creating your own template.
Apple iMac macOS Big Sur / AC24UKI (most recent builds)

Start a new conversation!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!