Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Create window types legend

Kodi
Contributor

Hey, how do I create a window types legend without showing all windows or having to change window ID? I’d like to create one similar to the second photo provided.

image.jpgimage.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Two important things for "type" schedules (the visual, elevation kind). First is you have to have the "Merge Items" button checked (see attachment). Second, you can only use fields in the formation of the schedule which are common with all the windows. Any different data among them, and they won't merge properly. The exception being the Library Part Name field, as that will group your merged items.

The fields use are: 2D Front View, some assorted Custom Text fields, and then Library Part Name. That's it. You want to keep it light. I will then enter the TYPE of the window (A,B,C,D, etc.) in one of the text fields. Once you do this for all windows, you can then group them by this field and delete the Library Part Name field, as it looks bad in the schedule... or move it to the bottom row of the schedule, and crop it out of view as the schedule drawing is laid up on the sheet.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 1.34.12 PM.jpg

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution

Two important things for "type" schedules (the visual, elevation kind). First is you have to have the "Merge Items" button checked (see attachment). Second, you can only use fields in the formation of the schedule which are common with all the windows. Any different data among them, and they won't merge properly. The exception being the Library Part Name field, as that will group your merged items.

The fields use are: 2D Front View, some assorted Custom Text fields, and then Library Part Name. That's it. You want to keep it light. I will then enter the TYPE of the window (A,B,C,D, etc.) in one of the text fields. Once you do this for all windows, you can then group them by this field and delete the Library Part Name field, as it looks bad in the schedule... or move it to the bottom row of the schedule, and crop it out of view as the schedule drawing is laid up on the sheet.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 1.34.12 PM.jpg

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System

Thank you! Managed to get it to work using the library part name method.