Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Editing an Existing Label Type

Kikoria
Enthusiast

Hello, I was wondering, can I edit the type of an existing label type? For example, I was working in MEP profile, using MEP Label 25 and wanted to label the water pipes (See photo)

Kikoria_0-1671778400604.png

As you can see, it shows the text e.g. Dimensions ⌀530mm but I want it to display only diameter (not the text "Dimensions") to save the space on floor plan [⌀530mm]

Here you can see the custom settings for MEP Label 25 (See photo)

222.png

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
Technical Examination and Design Department
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Thank you, it actually helped, but now I've found a better solution.

Kikoria_0-1671783603124.png

the red one was BEFORE and the green one is AFTER

what I did was to select display data by Value Only

Kikoria_1-1671783657261.png

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Marc H
Advisor

Hi Kikoria,

AC labels are somewhat inconsistent in their listings and settings.  However, they are all GDL objects.  If you know where to look, you can modify them in the Library Part Maker (LPM).  As a label is 2D, you can check the 2D Script, but the Master Script overrides this, so it's good to check there first.  

I was able to open the label in the LPM, go to the Master Script, find the parameter call-out, and make the edit to a shorter "Dim:".  With the edit, one can Save As the label to another name. It will by default save to your Embedded Library.

After the shortening the parameter name and saving the object, you can reduce the parameter name width in your new MEP label settings.

[Note: The second dimension value is showing on the label I modified because I did not check the "Show Only First Connection" box in the settings.]

Dimension Label Object Modification.png
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Solution

Thank you, it actually helped, but now I've found a better solution.

Kikoria_0-1671783603124.png

the red one was BEFORE and the green one is AFTER

what I did was to select display data by Value Only

Kikoria_1-1671783657261.png

Kind regards,
Tamaz Kikoria
Architect
GEORGIAN WATER & POWER