BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Layout questions

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I'm having problems understanding how the layout book works. I got two questions to ask:

1. I want my floor plan to display my house only, but it ends up showing my garage as well. I configured the "View Settings" of the "CD Floor Plan" ( the one that's placed on my layout ), so that "Ignore zoom and rotation when opening this view" is unchecked, and that the zoom is set to "Current Zoom". I zoomed in to the correct scale so that only my house is visible. But when I update my layout nothing has changed. Why is it that the zoom settings doesn't affect how the drawing appears on the layout? So I have to manually re-size the drawing is that it?

2. Some part the project info appears on my layout, but some of the most important info are left out ( Architect name etc. ). I tried to change this in the Master Layout, but I don't know how to link the text to the project info.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
A good way to do this is to use a saved zoom. Just zoom up on your house only and at the bottom of your floor plan window you will see a flyout next to the zoom percentage. From there you can save the current zoom. Save it as 'House'. Then in your view settings, change the zooming from current zoom to 'House'. The 'Ignore Zoom and Rotation when opening this view' option doesn't affect the zoom of the resulting drawing.

When you place your view as a drawing on a layout, ArchiCAD will manually resize the frame to the extents of that saved zoom, regardless of the default frame settings of the drawing. The shape of the drawings depends on the shape of your floor plan window when the view is saved, so you may want to adjust either before or after saving the zoom.

Whenever you create or edit text on the master layout (or anywhere for that matter) there is an option to link to Autotext in the format bar that pops up. You then just link it to any autotext that you need. You can set autotext values via File> Info> Project Info.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help Link... but you only solved one of them. I did as you said, saving the zoom as 'House', and then altering the view settings. But ArchiCAD was kind enough to include my garage in the drawing still... it seems to ignore the zoom setting of the view. I dunno how you did it, but I guess I just have to manually adjust the drawing.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
In your Work Environment, go to User Preferences> More Options and check on the 'When placing model views onto layouts, adjust each drawing frame to show only zoomed area of model'.

Then delete the drawing and place the view back onto the layout again.

See if that solves it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, I took a look at the settings and it turns out it was already checked by default. But good news, I found out that you have to choose "Manually re-size drawing frame" in the drawing settings in order to make it fit to the zoom. I always set it to automatic. Thanks for all the help, really appreciate it. I gotta say ArchiCAD is a pretty complex program, but it's definitely worth learning.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I didn't think it mattered what the frame was set to. Doesn't matter for me running AC17 USA build 5019. ArchiCAD will automatically resize the drawing frame.

But if you've got it where you need it, that's good!

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!