Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Master Layout and one text box missing in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Forum,

Please can you help with a strange issue I am having. I am trying to publish a set of drawings and everything looks good in the navigator, but when I publish to pdf, one text box is blank. And every sheet is missing the content of the master layout. This is very frustrating. There is a text box on A-3 that seems to print fine and I can't tell the difference between it's settings and the one on the cover sheet...

I have tried copying the content of the text into a new text box. (general notes) and I also tried creating a new layout and copying the content over. But the new layout doesn't seem to save to pdf either. I have tried messing with the pen sets (is there a no-plot pen or toggle box somewhere I am missing?)

Please help.

Thanks,

Raj
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
Had a somewhat similar problem with 20 about a month ago. Text would not publish but if you used the Print->Save As to PDF from Mac OS then it would show up. Restarted the computer and it went away.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I never though of restarting the computer....

I'll try it. In the mean time, I did manage to print from PDF...but all individual files. Panic averted. But I would still like to solve the problem for the future. I'll let you know if the restart has any effect.

If not, I welcome the forum's comments and suggestions.

Many thanks.

Raj
Barry Kelly
I've moved this post to "Working in Archicad" which is a more relevant part of the forum.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
I had it happen again and I am thinking that it might be a migration issue in 20 since both times it has happened with new files and editing an existing Publishing set.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Loosely related...

For the past couple of years... every once in a while I get a PDF on a layout that WON'T PRINT ...

It does NOT happen to all pdf's...

But when I've got a set ready to print, and I can SEE the PDF properly in the layout.. then print it and the resulting PDF does not show the image... I look like an idiot!

Any idea what causes this?

Sometimes, the PDF BOUNDING BOX will appear in the layout without any image... so I have to select and UPDATE to get it to show...

But now, even with the image showing in the layout, there is no guarantee it will actually print....

STORE DRAWING IN THE PROJECT FILE seems to do nothing for this issue.

Potential suspects...
a. Having more than one AC open at the time of printing
b. Memory (I'm working with 32gb)...
c. ???

I can tell you this... Converting the PDF image to JPG seems to solve the problem. Just not always convenient to do this.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop