we are about to migrate from Archicad 24 to 26 and wish to be sure that we are using the recommended methods to migrate classifications.
A) For not migrated files, towards the end, there was the following description in this post:
- rename in the old file the classification system from AC XX to AC YY
- migrate the old file to the new version
- export a AC YY classification from a clean template (including the properties) and
- import it to the migrated project.
B) For migrated files, where we wish to transfer them from 24 to 26, it should then be possible to follow this method:
- rename: in the already migrated file, rename the version of the Archicad Classification System from 24 to 26
- import: an xml file with a clean Archicad Classification System 26, without properties
- append: the duplicated Classification System will raise an alert, click on append
- replace: the duplicated Classification Items will raise an alert, click on replace
Actually, the help states about appending
"Duplicate Properties: If you choose Append, the duplicate properties are imported with a suffix added to their name."
but I don't see this happening, there is no suffix
Are we on the secure track?